• Looking for a way to break into the fashion industry? Designers of cosmetics, skincare items, fragrances, gifts, and accessories like handbags and jewelry are invited to present their work to buyers from Henri Bendel at the store’s biannual Open-See casting call. Be in line by noon to be seen! 712 Fifth Ave., nr. 56th St. (212-247-1100); 9–noon. See Henribendel.com for more details.
• Celebrate the Marie Antoinette–inspired Audrey Grace Boutique pop-up with a launch party at the Highline Loft. Treats and wine will be on hand while you browse 40 custom dresses, more than 200 specially commissioned art pieces, vintage items, and accessories from designers like Erin Fetherston and Jill Stuart, all to the sounds laid down by female DJ duo The Jane Doze. 508 W. 26th St., nr. Tenth Ave., fifth fl.; 8–10. Regular pop-up hours: Sa–W (11–8). RSVP at Eventbrite.com.
• The spring, fall, and holiday 2011 collections are 50 to 70 percent off at the Veda sample sale. The Boss leather jacket is $350 (originally $825), and the Bowie skirt is $100 (originally $395). 412 Broadway, nr. Canal St., fifth fl.; F (noon–6), S–Su (11–6).
• Menswear, womenswear, accessories, and shoes are up to 95 percent off at the Creatures of Comfort annual blow-out sale. Items are available from labels including Isabel Marant, Zero + Maria Cornejo, Patrik Ervell, Surface to Air, and Acne. 375 Broome St., nr. Mott St.; F (4–8), S–Su (11–6).
• Women's and select men's merchandise is up to 75 percent off at the Hugo Boss friends and family sale. 260 Fifth Ave., nr. 28th St. (212-725-5400); T-Th (11-7), F (11-3).
• Jewelry is up to 70 percent off at the Lee Angel sample sale. Prices start at $5: The hand-enameled brass bangle set is $110 (originally $145) and the Swarovski baguette and glass-pearl earrings are $128 (originally $160). 524 Broadway, at Spring St., sixth fl. (212-334-6573); T (5–8), W–Th (11–7), F (10–5).
• Shop donated designer clothes, accessories, and furniture at the spring Best of Housing Works sale. Various hours and locations; see Housingworks.org for details. Through 3/24.
• All clocks, watches, and kitchen timers are 20 percent off at Alessi's "Time is Money" sale. 30 E. 60th St., nr. Madison Ave. (212-317-9880) and 130 Greene St., nr. Prince St. (212-941-7300); M–S (11–6), Su (noon–6). Through 3/31.
• Lingerie, camisoles, pajamas, and more are 50 percent off at Kaori's Closet Tokyo. Brands include Stella McCartney, Elle Macpherson Intimates, Myla, and Aubade. 71 W. Houston St., nr. Wooster St. (212-387-7788); M–Sa (11–7), Su (noon–6); through 3/31.
Most Viewed Stories
‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
Portraits of Privilege: A Teen Demands Mac ’n’ Cheese
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
Amber Rose, Populist Slut Hero of Our Time
7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Staving Off Cynicism at Comme des Garçons, McQueen, and Céline
Adriana Lima on Boxing, Brazilian Beauty Secrets
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Our Partners
You Should Be Sleeping With Your Hair In A Bun–Here’s Why
The Zoe Report
Why I Quit Shopping At Zara
Demi Lovato's 'Vanity Fair' Photo Shoot Is Totally Nude, Totally Natural, And Totally Woah
Fabulous Find of the Week: Forever 21 Trench Coat
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping Features7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Don't be one of the 100,000 losers waiting for back orders.Stock Up on These Fall Boots Under $300
Sensible lace-ups, sparkly shoes, and more.Cheap Thrill: Jacquemus’s Tailored T-Shirt
A signature piece from the "It" designer.Outfit of the Week: A Smart Way to Layer Basics
One more way to make weekdays easier.Cool Cocktail Dresses Inspired by the Philippines
From the up-and-comers behind Mestiza.Treat-Yourself Friday: A Utilitarian Leather Jacket
Perfect for the unpredictable weather.38 Pairs of Boots to Buy This Fall
Because pedicure season is finally over.41 Downright-Gorgeous New Pieces for Your Home
From kingly bedding to froggy rugs to Georg Jensen glass.5 Discerning New Yorkers on Their Favorite Finds for the Home
Project Runway’s Tim Gunn, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and more choose the city’s finest boutiques, furniture restorers, specialty shops, designers, and cleaners.Marni’s Fabulously Shaggy Winter Coats Are Here
Fluffy and fantastic.
Welcome to layering season.Cheap Thrill: COS’s Wide-Leg Pants
A versatile transition piece.Outfit of the Week: Light Fall Layers
No jacket needed.37 Great Basics for Updating Your Wardrobe This Fall
The best work-friendly pieces, the perfect trench, and everything else you need right now.Treat Yourself Friday: A Quirky Bucket Bag
A playful take on the trend.Balenciaga’s New Shoes Are a ’90s Dream
Angela Chase would approve.Altuzarra’s First Bags Debut at Barneys New York
Introducing the Ghianda collection.115 Ways to Scream ‘Status’
The thing to have right now if you’re an Italian chef, an Upper East Side lady, a leather daddy, or a Dalton senior. (We know because we asked.)Cheap Thrill: Kenzo’s Flirty Pleated Skirt
A go-with-everything skirt on sale.Outfit of the Week: A Work-Friendly Combo
The ideal pieces to wear as we head into fall.