• A transgender contestant was disqualified from the Miss Universe beauty pageant in Canada. [Us Magazine]
• There are, on average, 42 tanning salons in every American city, compared to only nineteen Starbucks and 30 McDonald’s locations. [Beauty High]
• Beyoncé will debut her second fragrance, Beyoncé Pulse Summer Edition, this spring. [PeopleStyleWatch]
• In Turkey, a men's shampoo called Biomen ran a commercial featuring Adolf Hitler, who delivers a speech telling customers to buy the product that is "a 100 percent male shampoo." He says: "If you are not wearing a woman's dress, you should not use her shampoo either." Jewish groups are not pleased. [NYPost]
• Polyvore has added makeup products to its database, which will allow users to create more "head-to-toe sets” from the site's library of products and images. [WWD]
• Virgin Atlantic created a lipstick in collaboration with bareMinerals called "Upper Class Red." The lip color will be part of the cabin crew's uniform and passengers will also be able to buy it at Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse spas before it's made more widely available later this year. [Telegraph]
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
Guess Who Renovated This Grand Upper West Side Penthouse
Michelle Obama: No Boy Is Cute Enough to Keep You From Getting an Education
A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
Selfie Sorority Uses Media Frenzy for Good Cause
The Internet of Parents Is Miserable and I Love It
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
Meet the Prom Queen of Instagram
From Our Partners
The Day I Told The Ugly Truth About My Marriage
15 Ways You Know a Girl Studied Abroad in Paris
How Demi Lovato Embraced This Body “Problem” We All Have
Thrillist: Things No Self-Respecting Adult Should Be Doing on Facebook
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesEven Barbie Wants Kim Kardashian’s Makeup Artist
Life in plastic, it's fantastic.This Is How You Should Smell for Fall
Hint: not like a pumpkin.A Lesson in Beauty Grammar at Dior
What "past future perfect" means in terms of hair and makeup.Why Does My Heart Feel Like It’s Exploding?
A girl's guide to chest pain.The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
How to strobe like a pro.A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
"Don't be afraid of the fat."It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Hate you, boomers.Inside a Beauty Editor’s Insane Skin-Care Routine
A minimum of 12 products.Pat McGrath Wants You Dipped in Gold
The legendary makeup artist launches an exclusive product.Let’s All Get High on Cold-Pressed Juice!
Juice Crawls just killed nightlife.
"A modern-day romantic comedy."3 Fall Polishes to Express Your Inner Angst
For the #FallGoth inside you.Margiela Did Crazy Beauty, Again
Glam rock meets geisha meets nestlike hair.Dump Someone If You Hate Their Smell
And other revelations from the Hermès perfumers.All You’re Going to Want for Christmas Is Mariah’s M.A.C Collaboration
A Dreamlover of a beauty collection.Do I Make This Quesadilla Look Fat?
A new study suggests that weight bias affects how we perceive food info online.Want Soft Hands? The Olsen Twins Can Help.
Their latest beauty launch is surprisingly effective.The Angelina Jolie of China on Fame and Power
A rare interview with activist actress Yao Chen.Mindy Kaling’s Book Is Full of Beauty Wisdom
Six of our favorite insights.How to Look Amazing in Under 10 Minutes
A makeup artist's everyday skin routine.