After penning a much-talked-about article about her daughter Bea's diet for this month's Vogue, Dara-Lynn Weiss scored a book deal with Random House. Her forthcoming memoir will be called The Heavy; its publisher describes it as "an experience that epitomizes the modern parenting 'damned if you do/damned if you don't' predicament." There's an extra dimension to that quote that's missing, of course — the "damned if you're cruel enough to write about said predicament in an international fashion magazine." Surely lots of concerned, hem-hawing parents will buy Weiss's book upon its release with the best intentions in mind (or maybe not) as they gaze at their own children dressed in pants made for kids a year or two older, with the labels cut out just in case the dry-cleaner notices. Diet Mom certainly raises the bar set by Tiger Mom ... but if you're prepared to force your children into disordered eating patterns while also instructing them in foreign languages and/or ballet, you'll just about lock up a movie deal.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb