Fancy nude portraits are practically a rite of passage for pregnant models, particularly as bared baby bumps are usually a hit on newsstands. And with three Victoria's Secret models currently with child, editors are probably licking their chops to get those bellies on their pages. Interestingly, Alessandra Ambrosio made her first foray into "the Demi Moore" not for a magazine but for an ad for Vivara jewelry, shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott. (Ambrosio posted the photos to her Facebook page over the weekend.) During Ambrosio's first pregnancy in 2008, she apparently got lots of cover offers but said she turned them all down because she wanted to relax at home in Brazil. Perhaps things are different this time around — or perhaps Vivara just offered her lots and lots of money. Either way, it's a beautiful picture.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament