Coachella concluded this weekend with another strong showing of famous people dressed in their most hippie-inspired attire. Vanessa Hudgens seemed most eager for time travel, followed by Fergie in her fringed vest and floppy hat combo. Meanwhile, Katy Perry seemed confused with her purple hair and see-through forties silhouette. Others remained firmly in this decade, like Diane Kruger and her sporty Lacoste dress and Arizona Muse's basic T-shirt-and-jeans ensemble. And models like Karlie Kloss and Rosie Huntington-Whitely, though genetically engineered for the carefree, "I rolled out of bed like this" quality of a festival, somehow always end up looking like models, no matter what they wear. Using our handy hippie-o-meter, we ranked all of the celebrity outfits. Click ahead to see who really thought they were in 1969 and who chose to completely eschew free-spirited styles.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb