The Academy of Country Music Awards (ACMs), which took place last night, is the first of the approximately 65 acronymed trophy ceremonies the genre brings to us annually. As such, we wondered if they are the Golden Globes of Nashville — specifically, whether everyone hauls out their unfettered, Western-wacky-best for this one before slowly taming the beast in time for the year-ending CMAs. The verdict: While country music’s reputation for outlandish fashion is passé, we still saw plenty of sparkly missteps and some very large hats. This slideshow singles out the ACMs' most noteworthy red-carpet looks, from the fabulous to the April fools — which, by the way, were too few. People! The opportunity for a hilarious fashion prank was handed to you on a silver platter. Weak sauce, Nashville.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like