The Academy of Country Music Awards (ACMs), which took place last night, is the first of the approximately 65 acronymed trophy ceremonies the genre brings to us annually. As such, we wondered if they are the Golden Globes of Nashville — specifically, whether everyone hauls out their unfettered, Western-wacky-best for this one before slowly taming the beast in time for the year-ending CMAs. The verdict: While country music’s reputation for outlandish fashion is passé, we still saw plenty of sparkly missteps and some very large hats. This slideshow singles out the ACMs' most noteworthy red-carpet looks, from the fabulous to the April fools — which, by the way, were too few. People! The opportunity for a hilarious fashion prank was handed to you on a silver platter. Weak sauce, Nashville.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat