At Wednesday's premiere of The Five-Year Engagement in New York, actress Leelee Sobieski presented her theory on engagement rings. "It's a strange thing that before you marry that it's a custom to give a girl a rock. When you're married, you should get the rock, and when you get engaged, you should get a simple band," she told us. How come? "It just seems like the engagement is weaker, so it should be the band, and when you get to the wedding, that's the rock. It should be the reverse with the rings." Also, it's less risky that way: "People break up their engagements all the time, and then the guy loses the rock. It's not fair to the man. The woman should stick it through to the end to get the rock. Of course, the real prize is the love."
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb