The music video for Nicki Minaj's new pop ballad "Starships" dropped Friday morning, and critics seemed confused by the futuristic dance party held on the set of Lost. (Did they somehow suss out the plot line of "Stupid Hoe"?) So, we took the weekend to perform a thorough analysis of Onika and her backup Barbzs' outfits, and sadly, no one wears or is otherwise made to resemble a starship during the four-and-a-half-minute-long clip. But there's plenty of other questionable costuming decisions to make up for it, like a bunch of beach attire including Miss Minaj as Malibu Barbie 3000 with a side of side-boob, subtle Bo Derek references, and a tinsel-covered diaper bikini; tons of neon body paint; and some humiliatingly clad man servants. Click ahead to see these, and many more, "Starships" fashions.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split