In an interview with the Times, costume designer Ernesto Martinez explains that the actress dismissed the duo as style inspiration right away, so he settled on another Beltway mainstay: "Michelle Obama is the best thing that Washington, D.C., has seen in a long time ... It's a whole new era at the White House now — it'll probably be never like that again — and we wanted to make it current. Plus, Julia loves Michelle Obama."
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat