The only thing better than Betty's return to Mad Men is her coming back fat, grumpy as ever, and sitting on the couch eating Bugles straight from the bag while dressed in what appears to be a pink button-down duvet. The episode begins with Sally and Bobby grunting as they try to zip their mother into a silvery dress (they can't, and Betty is so mortified that she crawls into bed and refuses to leave the house). However, her weight gain might be caused by something more worrisome than housewife-syndrome-induced munchies, which leads to her making several doctor's visits in a delightful parade of frumpy floral getups. Meanwhile, Megan looks as slender and stylish as ever, and the ad men continue their intrepid experiments with loud, plaid blazers. See all the episode's best looks in our fashion recap.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve