Michelle Obama will appear on the Ellen DeGeneres Show for the second time today, via a video chat from a Joining Forces event at the Jacksonville Naval Air Station in Florida. The First Lady was accompanied by a group of girls whose parents are in the military, and she wore a bright orange, pleated dress with a gold pin and light blue pumps for the occasion. It being mid–April, the topic of discussion was obviously prom season, so both Ellen and Michelle shared their prom photos. While Ellen's dress was a plaid nightmare ("That was a tablecloth at one point."), Michelle's was a low-cut gold number with thigh-high slits. "That split was a little high," she admitted. "I don't know if I'd let my kids go out with a split that high, so let's not show this to Malia and Sasha." Of the seating arrangement, Ellen asked: "Were you shopping at Pier 1 or something?" to which Michelle responded, "You've never done the wicker chair shot?" See Mrs. Obama's outfit in our updated Michelle Obama Look Book, and her prom photo in a preview of the episode, below.
Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000