Michelle Obama will appear on the Ellen DeGeneres Show for the second time today, via a video chat from a Joining Forces event at the Jacksonville Naval Air Station in Florida. The First Lady was accompanied by a group of girls whose parents are in the military, and she wore a bright orange, pleated dress with a gold pin and light blue pumps for the occasion. It being mid–April, the topic of discussion was obviously prom season, so both Ellen and Michelle shared their prom photos. While Ellen's dress was a plaid nightmare ("That was a tablecloth at one point."), Michelle's was a low-cut gold number with thigh-high slits. "That split was a little high," she admitted. "I don't know if I'd let my kids go out with a split that high, so let's not show this to Malia and Sasha." Of the seating arrangement, Ellen asked: "Were you shopping at Pier 1 or something?" to which Michelle responded, "You've never done the wicker chair shot?" See Mrs. Obama's outfit in our updated Michelle Obama Look Book, and her prom photo in a preview of the episode, below.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament