As an homage to Jessica Simpson's endless gestation (and since we're sure she tottered right into Labor and Delivery in six-inch platforms), we've compiled a slideshow of pregnant celebrities who refuse to throw in the towel and wear flat shoes. The comfort of high heels is questionable under any circumstances, and as Beyoncé will attest, they can be very hard on the feet. The arguments against heels during pregnancy usually amount to (1) you're more likely to fall and harm two people instead of one, (2) heels put undue pressure on your lower back, leading to lower-back pain, and (3) feet can change up to two sizes during pregnancy, which means having to buy all new shoes unless you plan to really suffer by stuffing your swollen toes into pointy pumps. Since most famous moms-to-be aren't commuting to work on the subway and can surely afford some prenatal massages, as well as all the shoes they want, they have little reason to worry. Still, we wish they had the luxury of taking a nine-month break and just relaxing a bit. Click through our slideshow to see Jessica Alba, Natalie Portman, Miranda Kerr, and more as they and their bellies prance around town.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
Kanye and Kim Might Get Married at Versailles
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kanye and Kim Might Get Married at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000
- ‘Kamikaze Sperm’: Fighting Off Rivals?
- The Long, Strange Journey of Nell Scovell
- Maryland Bank Robber Chose Pink Monochrome
- Beauty GIF: How to Create a Holiday Glitter-Eye
- 2013: Another Year of the Effing Hipster?
- Go Ask Our Beauty Editor Anything at Reddit
- Wish List: Erdem’s Feathered Organza Silk Skirt
- Patty Carroll’s Draped, ‘Anonymous’ Women
- Cara Delevingne Nabs Second Vogue UK Cover