As an homage to Jessica Simpson's endless gestation (and since we're sure she tottered right into Labor and Delivery in six-inch platforms), we've compiled a slideshow of pregnant celebrities who refuse to throw in the towel and wear flat shoes. The comfort of high heels is questionable under any circumstances, and as Beyoncé will attest, they can be very hard on the feet. The arguments against heels during pregnancy usually amount to (1) you're more likely to fall and harm two people instead of one, (2) heels put undue pressure on your lower back, leading to lower-back pain, and (3) feet can change up to two sizes during pregnancy, which means having to buy all new shoes unless you plan to really suffer by stuffing your swollen toes into pointy pumps. Since most famous moms-to-be aren't commuting to work on the subway and can surely afford some prenatal massages, as well as all the shoes they want, they have little reason to worry. Still, we wish they had the luxury of taking a nine-month break and just relaxing a bit. Click through our slideshow to see Jessica Alba, Natalie Portman, Miranda Kerr, and more as they and their bellies prance around town.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament