The designer released a pair of his sketches for the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic team on Wednesday, and unlike Stella McCartney's Spandex competition uniforms, which were called "too blue," Ralph Lauren went with nearly all white. For the ladies, he created shirt-dresses and booties, and for the men, button-downs and trousers. Both outfits are accessorized with newsboy caps and red, white, and blue belts. His opening ceremony looks will be revealed later on; in the meantime, selected pieces from the Ralph Lauren 2012 Team USA Olympic Collection are already on sale at RalphLauren.com.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament