Last night, at the after-party for this year's Pratt Institute Fashion Show held at the Dream Hotel, Fern Mallis, the recipient of the school's Fashion Industry Lifetime Achievement Award, was in a reflective mood. She noted that the festivities marked the 35th anniversary of the opening of Studio 54. "That's where I was 35 years ago, but tonight this is Studio," she said, surrounded by the student designers who certainly looked that seventies part, decked out in purple fur jackets, platform shoes, and gun holsters. "I am just high on my Corona beer right now." But the evening hardly belonged to Mallis alone, as she shared the runway with the seventeen Pratt students who showcased their creations in front of an excited audience of family, friends ... Calvin Klein, Hamish Bowles, and Vivienne Tam. See all of the students' looks, including cigarette-butt prints, LED accessories, and tie-dye (of course), in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?
- Amanda Bynes Enrolled in Fashion-Design School
- Pregnancy Rates Falling in America
- In the Future, We Will All Dress Like Hipsters
- Uptalk Is for Everyone, at Least in California
- 10 Self-Centered Non-Gifts We Want for Christmas
- Viagra Might Be the New Midol