Last night, fashion folk turned out for the opening of Fivestory, a new Upper East Side boutique that's been compared to 10 Corso Como in Milan and Colette in Paris. The party started at the store (only two stories tall, if you were wondering), a converted town house at 18 East 69th Street, before moving to Mr. Chow on 57th, which was decked out in gold Mylar balloons reminiscent of the restaurant's Andy Warhol days. Rachel Chandler, the New York–based photographer and D.J. whose work is regularly featured in Purple Magazine, shot Polaroids exclusively for The Cut throughout the night, capturing attendees like Anja Rubik, Lynn Yaeger, Ann Dexter-Jones, Fivestory owner Claire Distenfeld, and more. See the images in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000