• Think you've got what it takes to become a successful stylist? Essentials of Styling: From Creative to Business is a two-day intensive course offered by Style Made Simple that will hone your skills, covering topics like the basics of fit and body type, portfolio building, and trend forecasting. Tickets ($425) can be purchased online at stylemadesimple.net. 58 E. 11th St., nr. University Pl. (888-807-8105); Sa–Su (10–1).
• Meet jewelry designer Dana Lorenz and check out an expanded assortment from the latest Fallon collection at a special trunk show, hosted by Intermix. 812 Washington St., nr. 13th St.; show Sa (11-8), Su (noon-7); designer appearance Sa (2-4).
STARTING THIS WEEKEND
• All womenswear is $50 to $500 at the Christian Siriano and Lyn Devon sample sale. 463 Broome St., nr. Greene St., Ste. 1B; Sa (11–5).
• Womenswear is up to 75 percent off at Olive and Bette's. Splendid tees are $12.50 (originally $50), Rebecca Taylor dresses are $90 (originally $360), Autumn Cashmere sweaters are $74.50 (originally $298), and Joie blouses are $58.50 (originally $234). All denim is $50. 1249 Third Ave., at 72nd. St. (212-206-0036); M (8–8).
ENDING THIS WEEKEND
• Menswear, womenswear, and accessories are up to 70 percent off at the Elie Tahari spring 2012 sample sale. 501 Fifth Ave., nr. 41st St., second fl. (212-398-2622); T–F (8:30–7:30), Sa (10–5). Through 4/21.
• Bras, panties, and other intimates are up to 70 percent off at Japanese boutique Ripplu. 66 Madison Ave., nr. 27th St.; M–Sa (11–7).
• Take up to 70 percent off handbags at the Lauren Merkin showroom sale. Lizard-print styles are $195 (originally $395), watercolor-print bags are $125 (originally $325), and patent python-print options are $125 (originally $395). 231 W. 29th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Ste. 201; T–F (11–7), Sa (11–4). Through 4/21.
• Cameras, lenses, bags, books, and accessories are 10 to 50 percent off at the Lomography Gallery stores. 41 W. 8 St., nr. Macdougal St. and 106 E. 23rd St., nr. Park Ave.; M–S (10:30–9), Su (11–7).
• Womenswear, including one-of-a-kind samples, designer vintage clothing, and accessories, is up to 50 percent off at Heike Jarick. 262 W. 38th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Ste. 503; M–F (9–7). Through 4/27.
• Everything in stock is 70 percent off during Crumpler's closeout sale as the brand makes way for a new look at its Soho location. Luggage is $66 (originally $220), camera bags are $20 (originally $85), and messenger bags are $44 (originally $140). 45 Spring St., nr. Mulberry St. (212-334-9391); daily, 11:30–7:30. Through 4/30 while supplies last.
• Quantities of 100 personalized note sheets are $245 (originally $345) at the Dempsey & Carroll note sheet sale. 1049 Lexington Ave., nr. 74th St. (212-570-4800); M–W (10–6), Th (11–8), F–Sa (10–6). Through 4/30.
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
The Very Uncomfortable Experience of Rewatching Election in 2016
Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Reportedly Broke Up
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
Ask a Boss: My Co-worker Wants Everyone to Call Her Boyfriend Her ‘Master’!
Ask Polly: Should I Try to Help My Alcoholic Friend?
Outrageous Party Photos From Andy Warhol’s Factory Days
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Chelsea Clinton Says She Didn’t Initially Know Her Mom Had Pneumonia Because She Was Trying to Power Through It
YogaToes Cured My Lifelong Fear of Bunions
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesHow to Wear a Pink Suit
That millennial-friendly color strikes again.Cheap Thrill: A Frilled Tomato-Red Jumpsuit
Saucy.14 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From a Backpack to a Bralette
This week, we dug through the darkest, deepest depths of the internet and found a back-to-school-worthy backpack and a $30 mint-green lamp.Treat Yourself: This Ring Will Make You Feel Like a Boss
A defense against impostor syndrome.Back-to-School Shopping Guide: The College Years
From fuzzy pillows to flatware.The 11 Best Pieces to Buy at Avenue 32’s Sale
Deep discounts, up to 80 percent off.Could These Be the Best Workout Leggings?
Meet the high-waisted version of ADAY's perpetually sold-out Throw and Roll leggings.The Perfect Summer Blanket Is Here
Never wake up in another night sweat again.Cheap Thrill: a Summer Dress You’ll Want to Wear Every Day
For work and weekend.How to Wear Two Bright Colors Together
Marigold and acid-green actually go together really well.
Grunge and glam had a baby together, and it's this clutch.Drake’s Is Now Collaborating With J.Crew
The British menswear brand, not the rapper.13 Basics on Sale, From a T-Shirt to a Tea Kettle
Here, some simple things on super-sale.Here’s Another Way to Get That Vetements Look
Champion's Reverse Weave collection is now sold on SSENSE.10 Bodysuits to Tuck Into Pretty Much Everything
Wear them with mom jeans, high-waisted skirts, work pants ...How to Make Your Work Clothes Less Boring
Take some liberties with this cool Tory Burch skirt.You Can Now Wear Your Succulents on Your Fingers
With the 13-piece Cactus de Cartier collection.Vivienne Westwood’s New York Debut, Unexpected Pool Floats, and a ’70s-Inspired Record Store
What's new in New York stores.Treat Yourself: A Bubblegum-Pink Varsity Jacket
Get one for everyone in your girl gang.9 Ways to Make Your Summer Wardrobe Less Boring
Don't freak out. Buy one of these nine things instead.