• Think you've got what it takes to become a successful stylist? Essentials of Styling: From Creative to Business is a two-day intensive course offered by Style Made Simple that will hone your skills, covering topics like the basics of fit and body type, portfolio building, and trend forecasting. Tickets ($425) can be purchased online at stylemadesimple.net. 58 E. 11th St., nr. University Pl. (888-807-8105); Sa–Su (10–1).
• Meet jewelry designer Dana Lorenz and check out an expanded assortment from the latest Fallon collection at a special trunk show, hosted by Intermix. 812 Washington St., nr. 13th St.; show Sa (11-8), Su (noon-7); designer appearance Sa (2-4).
STARTING THIS WEEKEND
• All womenswear is $50 to $500 at the Christian Siriano and Lyn Devon sample sale. 463 Broome St., nr. Greene St., Ste. 1B; Sa (11–5).
• Womenswear is up to 75 percent off at Olive and Bette's. Splendid tees are $12.50 (originally $50), Rebecca Taylor dresses are $90 (originally $360), Autumn Cashmere sweaters are $74.50 (originally $298), and Joie blouses are $58.50 (originally $234). All denim is $50. 1249 Third Ave., at 72nd. St. (212-206-0036); M (8–8).
ENDING THIS WEEKEND
• Menswear, womenswear, and accessories are up to 70 percent off at the Elie Tahari spring 2012 sample sale. 501 Fifth Ave., nr. 41st St., second fl. (212-398-2622); T–F (8:30–7:30), Sa (10–5). Through 4/21.
• Bras, panties, and other intimates are up to 70 percent off at Japanese boutique Ripplu. 66 Madison Ave., nr. 27th St.; M–Sa (11–7).
• Take up to 70 percent off handbags at the Lauren Merkin showroom sale. Lizard-print styles are $195 (originally $395), watercolor-print bags are $125 (originally $325), and patent python-print options are $125 (originally $395). 231 W. 29th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Ste. 201; T–F (11–7), Sa (11–4). Through 4/21.
• Cameras, lenses, bags, books, and accessories are 10 to 50 percent off at the Lomography Gallery stores. 41 W. 8 St., nr. Macdougal St. and 106 E. 23rd St., nr. Park Ave.; M–S (10:30–9), Su (11–7).
• Womenswear, including one-of-a-kind samples, designer vintage clothing, and accessories, is up to 50 percent off at Heike Jarick. 262 W. 38th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Ste. 503; M–F (9–7). Through 4/27.
• Everything in stock is 70 percent off during Crumpler's closeout sale as the brand makes way for a new look at its Soho location. Luggage is $66 (originally $220), camera bags are $20 (originally $85), and messenger bags are $44 (originally $140). 45 Spring St., nr. Mulberry St. (212-334-9391); daily, 11:30–7:30. Through 4/30 while supplies last.
• Quantities of 100 personalized note sheets are $245 (originally $345) at the Dempsey & Carroll note sheet sale. 1049 Lexington Ave., nr. 74th St. (212-570-4800); M–W (10–6), Th (11–8), F–Sa (10–6). Through 4/30.
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
Guess Who Renovated This Grand Upper West Side Penthouse
Michelle Obama: No Boy Is Cute Enough to Keep You From Getting an Education
A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
Selfie Sorority Uses Media Frenzy for Good Cause
The Internet of Parents Is Miserable and I Love It
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
Meet the Prom Queen of Instagram
From Our Partners
The Fashion Spot
New Study Says People Think Better of You When You Wear Black
The 21 Sexiest Chuck Bass Moments of All Time
Who What Wear
The Zara Outfit Every Girl In New York City Is Wearing
5 Must-Have Products for Your Makeup Bag
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesCool Cocktail Dresses Inspired by the Philippines
From the up-and-comers behind Mestiza.Treat-Yourself Friday: A Utilitarian Leather Jacket
Perfect for the unpredictable weather.38 Pairs of Boots to Buy This Fall
Because pedicure season is finally over.41 Downright-Gorgeous New Pieces for Your Home
From kingly bedding to froggy rugs to Georg Jensen glass.5 Discerning New Yorkers on Their Favorite Finds for the Home
Project Runway’s Tim Gunn, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and more choose the city’s finest boutiques, furniture restorers, specialty shops, designers, and cleaners.Marni’s Fabulously Shaggy Winter Coats Are Here
Fluffy and fantastic.18 of the Best Fall Jackets Under $300
Welcome to layering season.Cheap Thrill: COS’s Wide-Leg Pants
A versatile transition piece.Outfit of the Week: Light Fall Layers
No jacket needed.37 Great Basics for Updating Your Wardrobe This Fall
The best work-friendly pieces, the perfect trench, and everything else you need right now.
A playful take on the trend.Balenciaga’s New Shoes Are a ’90s Dream
Angela Chase would approve.Altuzarra’s First Bags Debut at Barneys New York
Introducing the Ghianda collection.115 Ways to Scream ‘Status’
The thing to have right now if you’re an Italian chef, an Upper East Side lady, a leather daddy, or a Dalton senior. (We know because we asked.)Cheap Thrill: Kenzo’s Flirty Pleated Skirt
A go-with-everything skirt on sale.Outfit of the Week: A Work-Friendly Combo
The ideal pieces to wear as we head into fall.Winter Doomsday Preppers: This Coat Is for You
Warm, fuzzy, and a street-style hit.Spring 2016 Runway Trends to Buy Now
Who wants to wait until next year?The Start-up Helping You Cash In on Designer Bags
So you don't have the hassle of another consignment store.Outfit of the Week: A Cool, Office-Friendly Look
It's all in the skirt details.