• Watch a talk from former CFDA president Stan Herman as part of the Museum at FIT's "CFDA at 50: The Presidents Speak" series. Herman is best known for popularizing designer loungewear and uniforms for clients like JetBlue and FedEx. Admission is free, but reservations are required by phone (212-217-4585) or online. Seventh Ave. at W. 27th St. (212-217-4558); 6 p.m.
• Check out a discussion about the future of food and fashion at the "In Good Taste" event. Panelists include designers Veronica Miele Beard and Veronica Swanson Beard, celebrity stylist Annabel Tollman, and Nicola Kotsoni of Il Cantinori (New York's Jenny Kang will moderate). Tickets ($100) can be purchased by calling 212-940-2946; all proceeds benefit Citymeals-on-Wheels. Saks Fifth Avenue, 611 Fifth Ave., at 50th St. (212-753-4000); 6–8.
• Ditch your footwear and raise awareness for children in need during TOMS’ fifth annual One Day Without Shoes Barefoot Walk. Tompkins Square Park, E. 10th St. and Avenue A; meet at 9 a.m. for a 9:30 a.m. walk.
• Dolce Vita and DV shoes and clothes are 20 percent off at the brand's newest store. 255 Elizabeth St., nr. Prince St. Through 4/15.
• Men's and women's clothing, furnishings, and accessories are up to 70 percent off at Beretta. 317 W. 33rd St., nr. Eighth Ave.; T–Th, 9–6:30.
• Take up to 60 percent off menswear and womenswear at the Express semiannual clearance sale. Women's knit blazers are $40 (originally $80), men's plaid shirts are $30 (originally $70), and men's straight-leg jeans are $40 (originally $88). Various locations; through 4/12.
• Menswear is up to 80 percent off at the Onassis sample sale. Tees are $5, knits are $15, woven shirts and pants are $20, and outerwear is $30. 375 Fifth Ave., nr. 35th St., second fl. (212-683-6638); M–F (10–7). Through 4/13.
• Women's accessories, denim, sweaters, dresses, tees, and outerwear are 40 percent off at the A|X Armani Exchange PopDown Shop. 129 Fifth Ave., at 20th St., lower level (212-254-7230); M–Su (9 a.m.–9:30 p.m.). Through 4/20.