• Brush up on your knowledge of the fashion district on a walking tour led by licensed guide Mike Kaback. Learn about the beginnings of mass productions, the invention of synthetic fibers, the impact of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire, and more, with stops at the Fashion Walk of Fame, showrooms, and factories. Tour meets at the northeast corner of Seventh Ave., at 39th St., between the Fashion Center Information kiosk and the garment worker statue. Call 212-764-9600 to reserve your spot. 2 p.m.
• Meet designer Sam Edelman and shop his latest collection of shoes and handbags at Bloomingdale's. 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 6–8.
• Celebrate the first anniversary of Lilla P at an Ultimate Girls' Night Out with free styling, beauty tips, small bites, and bubbly. Christine Cameron of My Style Pill and Keiko Lynn and Natalie Holbrook of Nat the Fat Rat are the evening’s special guests. 420 W. 14th St., nr. Ninth Ave.; 6–9.
• Start the new season off at Bird when the store hosts a display of travel drawings by Brooklyn artist Jessica Dessner. Stop in for the art; stay for wine and 10 percent off full-price merchandise. 203 Grand St., nr. Bedford Ave. (718-388-1655); 6–9.
• Clothing from Timo Weiland, Tucker, and more is up to 80 percent off at the Of a Kind sample sale. 150 Varick St., nr. Vandam St., sixth fl.; Th (10–9), F (10–3).
• Clothing is up to 80 percent off at the White + Warren sample sale. 80 W. 40th St., nr. Sixth Ave., third fl.; Th (8–7), F (8–2).
• Women's accessories, denim, sweaters, dresses, tees, and outerwear are 40 percent off at the A|X Armani Exchange PopDown Shop. 129 Fifth Ave., at 20th St., lower level (212-254-7230); M–Su (9 a.m.–9:30 p.m.). Through 4/20.
• Menswear, womenswear, and accessories are up to 70 percent off at the Elie Tahari spring 2012 sample sale. 501 Fifth Ave., nr. 41st St., second fl. (212-398-2622); T–F (8:30–7:30), Sa (10–5). Through 4/21.