• Brush up on your knowledge of the fashion district on a walking tour led by licensed guide Mike Kaback. Learn about the beginnings of mass productions, the invention of synthetic fibers, the impact of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire, and more, with stops at the Fashion Walk of Fame, showrooms, and factories. Tour meets at the northeast corner of Seventh Ave., at 39th St., between the Fashion Center Information kiosk and the garment worker statue. Call 212-764-9600 to reserve your spot. 2 p.m.
• Meet designer Sam Edelman and shop his latest collection of shoes and handbags at Bloomingdale's. 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 6–8.
• Celebrate the first anniversary of Lilla P at an Ultimate Girls' Night Out with free styling, beauty tips, small bites, and bubbly. Christine Cameron of My Style Pill and Keiko Lynn and Natalie Holbrook of Nat the Fat Rat are the evening’s special guests. 420 W. 14th St., nr. Ninth Ave.; 6–9.
• Start the new season off at Bird when the store hosts a display of travel drawings by Brooklyn artist Jessica Dessner. Stop in for the art; stay for wine and 10 percent off full-price merchandise. 203 Grand St., nr. Bedford Ave. (718-388-1655); 6–9.
• Clothing from Timo Weiland, Tucker, and more is up to 80 percent off at the Of a Kind sample sale. 150 Varick St., nr. Vandam St., sixth fl.; Th (10–9), F (10–3).
• Clothing is up to 80 percent off at the White + Warren sample sale. 80 W. 40th St., nr. Sixth Ave., third fl.; Th (8–7), F (8–2).
• Women's accessories, denim, sweaters, dresses, tees, and outerwear are 40 percent off at the A|X Armani Exchange PopDown Shop. 129 Fifth Ave., at 20th St., lower level (212-254-7230); M–Su (9 a.m.–9:30 p.m.). Through 4/20.
• Menswear, womenswear, and accessories are up to 70 percent off at the Elie Tahari spring 2012 sample sale. 501 Fifth Ave., nr. 41st St., second fl. (212-398-2622); T–F (8:30–7:30), Sa (10–5). Through 4/21.
Most Viewed Stories
Bernie Sanders Wore the Only Appropriate Outfit to Trump’s Inauguration
Kellyanne Conway Goes With a Subtle Look for the Inauguration
This Conspiracy Theory Will Change How You Feel About the Bachelor Villain
Here’s the Official List of Speakers for the Women’s March on Washington
15 Protest Sign Ideas for the Women’s March on Washington
The Ultimate Guide to Preparing for the Women’s March
Michelle Obama’s Face Perfectly Sums Up How You’re Feeling Today
Thousands of Women Are Descending Upon Washington D.C. for the Women’s March
Melania Trump Wears Ralph Lauren on Inauguration Day
The Complicated, Controversial, Historic, Inspiring Women’s March
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesHow to Wear a Pink Suit
That millennial-friendly color strikes again.Cheap Thrill: A Frilled Tomato-Red Jumpsuit
Saucy.14 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From a Backpack to a Bralette
This week, we dug through the darkest, deepest depths of the internet and found a back-to-school-worthy backpack and a $30 mint-green lamp.Treat Yourself: This Ring Will Make You Feel Like a Boss
A defense against impostor syndrome.Back-to-School Shopping Guide: The College Years
From fuzzy pillows to flatware.The 11 Best Pieces to Buy at Avenue 32’s Sale
Deep discounts, up to 80 percent off.Could These Be the Best Workout Leggings?
Meet the high-waisted version of ADAY's perpetually sold-out Throw and Roll leggings.The Perfect Summer Blanket Is Here
Never wake up in another night sweat again.Cheap Thrill: a Summer Dress You’ll Want to Wear Every Day
For work and weekend.How to Wear Two Bright Colors Together
Marigold and acid-green actually go together really well.
Grunge and glam had a baby together, and it's this clutch.Drake’s Is Now Collaborating With J.Crew
The British menswear brand, not the rapper.13 Basics on Sale, From a T-Shirt to a Tea Kettle
Here, some simple things on super-sale.Here’s Another Way to Get That Vetements Look
Champion's Reverse Weave collection is now sold on SSENSE.10 Bodysuits to Tuck Into Pretty Much Everything
Wear them with mom jeans, high-waisted skirts, work pants ...How to Make Your Work Clothes Less Boring
Take some liberties with this cool Tory Burch skirt.You Can Now Wear Your Succulents on Your Fingers
With the 13-piece Cactus de Cartier collection.Vivienne Westwood’s New York Debut, Unexpected Pool Floats, and a ’70s-Inspired Record Store
What's new in New York stores.Treat Yourself: A Bubblegum-Pink Varsity Jacket
Get one for everyone in your girl gang.9 Ways to Make Your Summer Wardrobe Less Boring
Don't freak out. Buy one of these nine things instead.