Rapper will.i.am (of Black Eyed Peas fame) has reportedly been sued for $2 million by a clothing company called I.Am.Clothing for allegedly bailing on a contract he signed with them back in 2010. The company claims that will.i.am is refusing to uphold his agreement to help design and market their clothes through the year 2016, according to TMZ. Interestingly, unlike most celebrity-slash-designers who just decide to get into the fashion racket once they're famous, will.i.am actually studied fashion design at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Los Angeles before he became a rapper, and he launched his own clothing line called I.Am in 2005. It's unclear whether this company is a remnant of his original label, but there's too many I's and Am's to keep track of as it is.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament