Rapper will.i.am (of Black Eyed Peas fame) has reportedly been sued for $2 million by a clothing company called I.Am.Clothing for allegedly bailing on a contract he signed with them back in 2010. The company claims that will.i.am is refusing to uphold his agreement to help design and market their clothes through the year 2016, according to TMZ. Interestingly, unlike most celebrity-slash-designers who just decide to get into the fashion racket once they're famous, will.i.am actually studied fashion design at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Los Angeles before he became a rapper, and he launched his own clothing line called I.Am in 2005. It's unclear whether this company is a remnant of his original label, but there's too many I's and Am's to keep track of as it is.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb