Athletic-inspired pieces, such as mesh knits, anoraks, and sneakers, popped up on the spring runways of Marc by Marc Jacobs, Isabel Marant, and Kenzo, among others. But nothing says "sporty" quite like any and all things related to America's favorite pastime — baseball. While caps made a resurgence (a few well-heeled editors were spotted mixing them with playful skirts and artfully tailored suits), so did baseball-style bomber jackets: Stella McCartney showcased dark silk versions on her runway, while Sportmax rendered theirs in bright prints. For those who don't want to splurge on the trend, Topshop, Zara, and American Apparel also created versions of the look in an array of hues and patterns. Given the unpredictable weather this time of year, why not swap out that classic trench for a playful bomber? Click ahead to see all twenty glorious options.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament