• A fresh-faced Elizabeth Banks covers the June issue of Allure magazine. [Just Jared]
• Into the Gloss interviewed Shop Ghost's Stevie Dance about her makeup habits: "I'm really into a holistic approach: I'm really into diet, I'm really into acupuncture; I practice transcendental meditation. I think it’s the inner workings of yourself that can make you look beautiful, feel beautiful. It's only recently, like the last two months, that I started wearing makeup, which is probably absurd." [Into the Gloss]
• And then Stevie Dance interviewed Emily Weiss of Into the Gloss: "I get inspired by beauty that is not the norm of needing to look perfect. That's a very Americanized notion of needing to have a full face of makeup on and have your hair blown out … I’m about doing whatever suits you — don’t try and be someone else." [Shop Ghost]
• Writer Stephanie LaCava opened up her makeup bag for Beauty Banter. [Beauty Banter]
• Coty withdrew its $10.7 billion takeover bid for Avon. [WWD]
• Snooki says she hasn't gone tanning since last August because she's pregnant. [E!]
• Turns out side bangs won't give you a lazy eye. Long live fringe! [MSNBC]
• Heidi Klum discusses the perils of hair care in the modeling industry: "I’ve been doing this job for 18 years now and there have definitely been some dye jobs that weren’t as good. You know, for example, there was a time when I was really platinum blond. They kept the peroxide on for too long and it literally fried my hair off — I looked like I had a little pineapple on top of my head! That took awhile to grow out." [Elle]
• The New York Times writes that pedicurists from Nepal often struggle with their jobs at first, as they typically touch only their husbands' or parents' feet as a sign of their respect. [NYT]
Most Viewed Stories
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
American Apparel Files for Bankruptcy
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Astrology GIFs for the Week of October 5, 2015
Ellie Kemper Thinks Kimmy Schmidt Would Fit in Well in Greenpoint
All the Ceilings Women Keep Hitting Their Heads On
Sleater-Kinney on Riot Grrl, Reuniting, and Portlandia
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Our Partners
The Evolution Of Lady Gaga In One Fabulous, Ooh-La-La GIF
5 Must-Have Products for Your Makeup Bag
'Scream Queens' Parodies Taylor Swift In New Halloween Episode
Confessions of a Coffee Non-Drinker
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesThe One Beauty Item That Keeps Popping Up at Fashion Month
A new makeup-artist favorite.Right Now the Exercise Pill Is Nothing But a Beautiful Fantasy
It isn't happening anytime soon.This Terrifying Face Mask Is a New Korean Beauty Trend
You'll look like a serial killer, but it gives you extra-soft skin.Phoebe Philo Does Not Believe in Hair Extensions
About the strong beauty look from Sunday’s show.Even Barbie Wants Kim Kardashian’s Makeup Artist
Life in plastic, it's fantastic.This Is How You Should Smell for Fall
Hint: not like a pumpkin.A Lesson in Beauty Grammar at Dior
What "past future perfect" means in terms of hair and makeup.Why Does My Heart Feel Like It’s Exploding?
A girl's guide to chest pain.The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
How to strobe like a pro.A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
"Don't be afraid of the fat."
Hate you, boomers.Inside a Beauty Editor’s Insane Skin-Care Routine
A minimum of 12 products.Pat McGrath Wants You Dipped in Gold
The legendary makeup artist launches an exclusive product.Let’s All Get High on Cold-Pressed Juice!
Juice Crawls just killed nightlife.John Legend on His Sitcom Pilot With Chrissy Teigen
"A modern-day romantic comedy."3 Fall Polishes to Express Your Inner Angst
For the #FallGoth inside you.Margiela Did Crazy Beauty, Again
Glam rock meets geisha meets nestlike hair.Dump Someone If You Hate Their Smell
And other revelations from the Hermès perfumers.All You’re Going to Want for Christmas Is Mariah’s M.A.C Collaboration
A Dreamlover of a beauty collection.Do I Make This Quesadilla Look Fat?
A new study suggests that weight bias affects how we perceive food info online.