We've heard the Met Ball referred to as the Fashion Oscars, and while it’s true that both boast a red carpet crammed with beautiful people in dramatic gowns, tonight's gala, live-streamed for the first time on Vogue’s website, might be a bigger deal for its guests: The designers are showing off for their harshest critics (each other), and the attendant starlets and models don't require a body of work as much as a body to work, which means the guest list often feels fresher and more random. Every year we look forward to finding out which ladies (and the occasional gent) have been deemed sufficiently stylish, sexy, or of-the-moment to be swaddled in a custom gown in front of fashion’s boldface names — and cross our fingers that at least one of them looks delectably crazy. So many questions: Will Claire Danes crop up in Narciso Rodriguez after returning to his show in February? Will Rooney Mara attend, and since she scrapped the Salander coif, will she change up her edgy style too? And what item of Elizabeth Taylor’s did Coco Rocha buy at auction for the ball? We hear it was a cape, but we’re still crossing our fingers for an outrageous turban — which is, of course, what we will be wearing as we keep score of the night's big hits and misses. Please join us as we live-blog the arrivals. Plus, check out all the looks in the Cut's red carpet slideshow here.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?