In terms of the clothing, the Met Gala is what the Golden Globes used to be: unbridled. We haven’t seen the equal to Björk’s swan dress now that stylists rule Hollywood’s red-carpet roost, but on fashion’s biggest, ballsiest night, that feathered confection would be right at home — if only because, when the designers are personally standing alongside their glittery confections, they tend to make their sartorial statements in the clothing equivalent of all-caps. Join us as we recap last night's most striking ensembles, good, bad, and cracktacular. It’s like awards season’s highlight reels all rolled together and then sprinkled with HGH — and we love it. For more Fug Girls, go here.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament