In terms of the clothing, the Met Gala is what the Golden Globes used to be: unbridled. We haven’t seen the equal to Björk’s swan dress now that stylists rule Hollywood’s red-carpet roost, but on fashion’s biggest, ballsiest night, that feathered confection would be right at home — if only because, when the designers are personally standing alongside their glittery confections, they tend to make their sartorial statements in the clothing equivalent of all-caps. Join us as we recap last night's most striking ensembles, good, bad, and cracktacular. It’s like awards season’s highlight reels all rolled together and then sprinkled with HGH — and we love it. For more Fug Girls, go here.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat