The designer and Cannes juror stopped by the Today show this morning, and Ann Curry started a little conversation about French style. Gaultier said Catherine Deneuve and Marion Cotillard, in particular, "have a kind of elegance and feeling good in themselves. You know, maybe it's also the movement. But sometimes the French can make also mistakes — women, but men, too. Me, for example, two times, I have been refused at the Festival de Cannes." NO! "Yes! First time, I was in a tuxedo but with shorts. Black. And second time I was with a kilt with tuxedo. Refused again. But the third time, I came with Madonna — I was in bed with Madonna ... she was like my passport, so I got through it."
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her