The designer and Cannes juror stopped by the Today show this morning, and Ann Curry started a little conversation about French style. Gaultier said Catherine Deneuve and Marion Cotillard, in particular, "have a kind of elegance and feeling good in themselves. You know, maybe it's also the movement. But sometimes the French can make also mistakes — women, but men, too. Me, for example, two times, I have been refused at the Festival de Cannes." NO! "Yes! First time, I was in a tuxedo but with shorts. Black. And second time I was with a kilt with tuxedo. Refused again. But the third time, I came with Madonna — I was in bed with Madonna ... she was like my passport, so I got through it."
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate