Unlike many other film festivals, Cannes is nonstop glamour, with more red carpets and photo calls packed into ten days than there are outfits to wear to them. Just kidding about the outfits part, of course! Celebrities often take bigger chances on their Cannes ensembles thanks to the artsy, over-the-top, joie de vivre atmosphere, which makes for lots of fabulous gowns with sparkles, volume, and sweeping trains. Hey, it's southern France — the world capital of topless beaches and flowing Champagne — why not throw caution to the wind? Enjoy our red carpet roundup from the first day of Cannes, including appearances by Diane Kruger, Fan Bingbing, Lana Del Rey, Freida Pinto, Jessica Chastain, and many more.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Gucci Westman
- Kate Winslet Versus the Men’s Rights Activists