The only real surprise about Jessica Simpson's new maternitywear line is that she didn't do it sooner — then she wouldn't have had to worry about finding that leopard-print caftan at the last minute! Should you be interested in all the details: Simpson's business partner in the new venture, Destination Maternity, reportedly started courting her collection's parent company, Camuto Group, as soon as they heard she was expecting (insert hilarious joke about Simpson's never-ending pregnancy here). WWD reports that the first collection hits stores this fall and will have "a vintage Seventies feel," with lots of leggings, jersey tops, maxi dresses, knits, and other stretchy, comfortable things that women like to wear when they can't see their swollen toes anymore. Says Simpson, "You want to wear clothes that are flattering to your baby bump; you want to show your bump off." Well, she does have personal experience with that, to be sure. Next up: babywear.
Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her
Kim and Kanye Deny Versailles Wedding
Jessica Hart, Kim, Kanye & More at Art Basel
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her
- Kim and Kanye Deny Versailles Wedding
- Jessica Hart, Kim, Kanye & More at Art Basel
- Best Bet: Hive and Honey Military Twill Pants
- Cressida Bonas’s Baby Book: What Does It Mean?
- Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid?
- Is Sex a Workout?
- ‘Hard-Wired’ Sex Differences Are Meaningless
- Adam Levine Doesn’t Brush His Teeth
- Lena Dunham and Judy Blume Talk Sixth-Grade Lies
- Meet Naja, the Do-Good Lingerie Line
- Dame Edna, Bearer of Holiday Cheer
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once