The Indonesian police have denied Lady Gaga's permit for her sold-out June 3 show in Jakarta due to security concerns over threats made against her — or, more specifically, against her outfits. According to the AP, a fringe group of Muslim extremists has criticized her sexy ensembles and promised to use physical force to prevent her from performing (this group is not to be confused with the many Islamic lawmakers who have peacefully opposed her show). The local and national police are worried that they won't be able to guarantee Gaga's safety and have therefore recommended that she cancel her visit and concert — which was to be the biggest on her Asian tour, with 52,000 attendees in total. That's a lot of people to deprive of a meat-dress reprise.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament