It was a highly eventful night on Mad Men on Sunday, with both Peggy and Joan making major career steps. Peggy took the more conventional route, accepting a job offer from a competing firm and tearfully announcing her resignation to Don, while Joan gained partner status at Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce by quite literally prostituting herself (at Pete's slimy behest, of course). The best part about this plot twist, of course, was that we got to see lots of Joan in a plethora of different form-fitting dresses. Interestingly, she stuck to an almost entirely purple palette throughout the episode — save a few teal numbers and a funereal black dress that she wore to her yucky hotel room "date" with Jaguar honcho Herb Rennet. Meanwhile, Peggy wore a sassy checkered neckerchief to her interview and resigned in somber maroon wool. Enjoy the full fashion recap in the slideshow ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve