It was a highly eventful night on Mad Men on Sunday, with both Peggy and Joan making major career steps. Peggy took the more conventional route, accepting a job offer from a competing firm and tearfully announcing her resignation to Don, while Joan gained partner status at Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce by quite literally prostituting herself (at Pete's slimy behest, of course). The best part about this plot twist, of course, was that we got to see lots of Joan in a plethora of different form-fitting dresses. Interestingly, she stuck to an almost entirely purple palette throughout the episode — save a few teal numbers and a funereal black dress that she wore to her yucky hotel room "date" with Jaguar honcho Herb Rennet. Meanwhile, Peggy wore a sassy checkered neckerchief to her interview and resigned in somber maroon wool. Enjoy the full fashion recap in the slideshow ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament