For a celebrity, an invite to the Costume Institute Gala signifies a certain kind of fashion-approval, and anyone lucky enough to attend more than once inches closer to "icon" status. So we've compiled a handy cheat sheet for some of the regulars (let's call them "repeat attenders") who do their best to stick with the theme — or at least wear something huge and memorable — along with the models and fashion folk who usually grace the Met Ball's red carpet. Click through our slideshow to see the likes of Sarah Jessica Parker, Kirsten Dunst, Rihanna, Gwyneth Paltrow, and more as they descend into the Temple of Dendur time and time again.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Tell Me Everything You Know About Wool
- FDA Rejects Female Viagra
- Oprah Says Her Kids Would Probably Hate Her
- The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
- Best Bet: Rebecca Minkoff Coin Pouch
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- Rooney Mara, the Goth Ice Queen