When the Pink Ladies stepped onto the screen in Grease with their uniform satin jackets and their nonchalant attitudes, they ushered in an era of cool girl-gang counterparts to the greaser T-Birds of the fifties. For spring 2012, Prada looked back to Betty Rizzo and co., drawing from hot rod culture, and putting together looks befitting a modern Pink Lady. From the rhinestone and silk bombers emblazoned with fiery cars to the full pastel skirts paired with bandeau tops, the looks were ladylike, but with just enough edge to avoid twee territory. To re-create your own modern girl-gang look, start with a Peter Pan collar, add in some pastels, and then mix it up with a baseball-style jacket or a studded bag to keep the look from being too prim. Finish it off with a slick of lipstick in a cherry red, bright coral, or poppy pink. Click ahead to see how the Pink Ladies would dress in 2012.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat
- Roitfeld Cast Herself in Seyfried’s Givenchy Ads