On Wednesday night, the CFDA and W Hotels hosted drinks to celebrate Uma Wang. The Chinese designer founded her eponymous label in 2005, presented her first fashion show in the country two years later, and opened Shanghai Fashion Week in 2009. She'll be Stateside for the next six weeks as part of the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund's Chinese Exchange Program, staying (where else?) at the W New York Downtown. And while the night was spent honoring the designer, some party guests took time away to share their own preferences for hotel accommodations. CEO of the CFDA Steven Kolb said he can be particular when he travels: "I don't like rustic, and I really don't like bed-and-breakfasts ... Actually, I do like rustic settings if they are private and comfortable. [But] I really, really don't like forced intimacy with strangers. It's the worst!" On the other hand, designer Carly Cushnie said she and Michelle Ochs just stayed at a fabulous bed-and-breakfast in Jamaica: "Well, they put Michelle and I in the honeymoon suite! ... It was hilarious. The hotel employees kept asking about our 'status,' and we couldn't stop laughing." See Wang, Kolb, Cushnie, and more in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament