On his way into our office this morning, a New York editor noticed a rumpus in his East Village neighborhood. Upon further investigation, he discovered the source of the commotion: A Maybelline ad shoot on the corner of Avenue A and St. Marks Place, right next to Sushi Lounge (home of the mystifying "sushi 50% off ALL DAY!" deal). A strip of sidewalk normally inhabited by homeless people of questionable sobriety had been cleared away to make room for Maybelline face Charlotte Kemp Muhl (yes, girlfriend of Sean Lennon) to pose with a variety of odd props, including an assortment of stuffed animals and a Hula-Hoop. A stagehand clutching a fake leopard stood to the side. "It was all very gritty," reported the editor, who snapped some photos of the scene with his phone (shown). This isn't the only Maybelline action he's seen in the area: Another face of the brand, Julia Stegner, has been spotted walking her dog in the park several times.
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!