For some lucky New Yorkers, Memorial Day weekend kicks off the beginning of summer Fridays — those dreamy half-days best spent drinking alfresco or commuting to beachier locations. For die-hard traditionalists, it means finally breaking out the seersucker and white jeans. For the people in this slideshow, who spent the weekend working, shopping, and brunching, it was a great excuse to debut sundresses, strappy sandals, loose pants, and bold sunglasses. Some standouts included a parasol made of lace, one man with a very open button-down shirt, and a few decent-looking tourists. Click through our slideshow to see some of the weekend's relaxed looks from the delightfully uncrowded streets of Soho and Nolita.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like