All over the city yesterday, New Yorkers took a moment to appreciate the women who brought them into the world. We sent a photographer to capture some of the family action and hear how folks were spending their Mother's Day in the splendid sunshine. One lucky mom found an Hermès scarf waiting for her inside the changing table alongside the diapers (good one, Dad), while others celebrated with brunch at Minetta Tavern, visits to church, and handmade cards stating the adorable obvious ("You have three kids!"). Click through our slideshow to see these stylish New York City moms, plus a few out-of-towners, and read about their Mother's Day traditions, invaluable parenting philosophies, and one baby who likes to get down to "anything with a beat."
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb