The brand's series featuring world leaders locking lips won the Press Grand Prix at the weeklong advertising event. According to Ad Age, three images in particular were honored: Barack Obama kissing Hugo Chávez, Benjamin Netanyahu puckering up for Mahmoud Abbas, and Angela Merkel hot for Nicolas Sarkozy. British juror Steve Jones said, "The reason we chose this is because it stood out on the wall ... It's not like traditional advertising. It's not making a point about the clothes, its brand history. It doesn't obey the rules." UAE juror Komal Bedi Sohal added, "You can like it, you can dislike it, you can't ignore it." And you can pursue legal action over it ... but let's focus on the love!
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve