The brand's series featuring world leaders locking lips won the Press Grand Prix at the weeklong advertising event. According to Ad Age, three images in particular were honored: Barack Obama kissing Hugo Chávez, Benjamin Netanyahu puckering up for Mahmoud Abbas, and Angela Merkel hot for Nicolas Sarkozy. British juror Steve Jones said, "The reason we chose this is because it stood out on the wall ... It's not like traditional advertising. It's not making a point about the clothes, its brand history. It doesn't obey the rules." UAE juror Komal Bedi Sohal added, "You can like it, you can dislike it, you can't ignore it." And you can pursue legal action over it ... but let's focus on the love!
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament