Coldplay released the music video for its new song "Princess of China," a collaboration with Rihanna, over the weekend. The clip borrows heavily from martial arts movie culture (perhaps too heavily, even), with lead singer Chris Martin paying Rihanna — all dressed up and presumably playing the titular Princess — a visit at her palace. Like every good couple in a martial arts film, they fight, with swords, and perform other outlandish stunts and dances for each other in front of lots of overwrought extras. That's courtship for you — to think nowadays a trip to Red Lobster can serve the same purpose. Click through our slideshow to see all the outfits, as well as our best guesses for the story line.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It To 'Saturday'
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel