Model Tara Nowy was nominated for "Model of the Year" at Monday's Scottish Fashion Awards, but lost to the better known Tali Lennox. Now her dad, Derek Dick, formerly known as "Fish" when he was a member of eighties rock band Marillion, has accused the organization of rigging the winners and mistreating the models backstage, where they were kept for hours "in freezing air conditioned rooms with hardly anything to eat or drink." Unsurprisingly, the Awards' founder and organizer, Tessa Hartman, has denied his accusations and chalked up his complaints to sour grapes. "It was a long day and you want your daughter to win. He has over-reacted, like an emotional father," she said. "We haven't had any other complaints. I think it's a classical Scottish thing when you don't win to throw your toys out of the pram." (Confession: We wrote this entire post just so we could quote that expression. Isn't it great? Use it today.)
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her