Model Tara Nowy was nominated for "Model of the Year" at Monday's Scottish Fashion Awards, but lost to the better known Tali Lennox. Now her dad, Derek Dick, formerly known as "Fish" when he was a member of eighties rock band Marillion, has accused the organization of rigging the winners and mistreating the models backstage, where they were kept for hours "in freezing air conditioned rooms with hardly anything to eat or drink." Unsurprisingly, the Awards' founder and organizer, Tessa Hartman, has denied his accusations and chalked up his complaints to sour grapes. "It was a long day and you want your daughter to win. He has over-reacted, like an emotional father," she said. "We haven't had any other complaints. I think it's a classical Scottish thing when you don't win to throw your toys out of the pram." (Confession: We wrote this entire post just so we could quote that expression. Isn't it great? Use it today.)
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like