For their Sicily-inspired spring 2013 collection, Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana cast regular boys from small towns and villages on the island and mixed them in with just a few models. The dark-haired, olive-skinned kids look awkward and stiff in the runway photos, but the collection is that much more interesting because of it; the clothes look like they might genuinely be worn while shimmying up olive trees or rolling barrels of wine down some picturesque cobbled street. Meanwhile, a village band performed traditional Sicilian music during the show, according to Style.com's review. Hooray for real, hairy man-legs, accordions, and pomaded bouffants! Hopefully the guys at least got to keep those sandals.
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat