Karl Lagerfeld and Carine Roitfeld's latest lovechild, the forthcoming book The Little Black Jacket: Chanel's Classic Revisited, features 112 tritone photographs of famous, beautiful people wearing the label's iconic cropped tweed. Shot by Lagerfeld, the crisp black and white images are set against a matte charcoal background and portray cultural figures like Sofia Coppola, Elle Fanning, Daphne Guinness, Kanye West, and Alexander Wang, each of whom have integrated the jacket into his or her own personal style (with the help of Roitfeld, of course). Kanye wears his with a gray T-shirt, knotted leather necklace, and strands of pearls; Sarah Jessica Parker pairs hers with a crown, and Olivier Theyskens buttons his all the way up. All the photographs will be exhibited to the public at 18 Wooster Street from June 8 to June 15. See a preview of the images — including Lauren Hutton, Stella Tennant, and Yoko Ono — in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Are You the Marrying Type?
Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’
Best Bet: Eve Lom Dynaspot Treatment
- Male Gaze: James Deen, ‘Bronut’ Pioneer
- Are You the Marrying Type?
- Hair-Swap: Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
- Karl Lagerfeld Released an Emoji App
- 24 Vintage Ladies Celebrating St. Paddy’s Day
- Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
- Twitter, Rape, and Privacy on Social Media
- Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
- The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
- Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
- Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
- Kate Moss’s Little Sister, Regular Aughties Teen
- Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’
- Scarlett Johansson Wore a Bow on Her Stomach
- Best of the Style Blogs: Black-and-White Prints