Karl Lagerfeld and Carine Roitfeld's latest lovechild, the forthcoming book The Little Black Jacket: Chanel's Classic Revisited, features 112 tritone photographs of famous, beautiful people wearing the label's iconic cropped tweed. Shot by Lagerfeld, the crisp black and white images are set against a matte charcoal background and portray cultural figures like Sofia Coppola, Elle Fanning, Daphne Guinness, Kanye West, and Alexander Wang, each of whom have integrated the jacket into his or her own personal style (with the help of Roitfeld, of course). Kanye wears his with a gray T-shirt, knotted leather necklace, and strands of pearls; Sarah Jessica Parker pairs hers with a crown, and Olivier Theyskens buttons his all the way up. All the photographs will be exhibited to the public at 18 Wooster Street from June 8 to June 15. See a preview of the images — including Lauren Hutton, Stella Tennant, and Yoko Ono — in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat