Judges for the 85th Academy Awards can start seriously paying attention to hairstyles in upcoming films (think of all the major Marcel waves in the-can't-hit-theaters-soon-enough Gatsby). Until now, only makeup artists were in the running for an Oscar; however, the Academy just widened the category to include hairstylists. But Ted Gibson, while thrilled about the news, has some thoughts of his own, saying, "It’s a great start, but hair should have its OWN ballot!" If you agree with Gibson, you can "like" his "We Need an Oscar for Hair" campaign on Facebook. It is an election year, after all.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve