Judges for the 85th Academy Awards can start seriously paying attention to hairstyles in upcoming films (think of all the major Marcel waves in the-can't-hit-theaters-soon-enough Gatsby). Until now, only makeup artists were in the running for an Oscar; however, the Academy just widened the category to include hairstylists. But Ted Gibson, while thrilled about the news, has some thoughts of his own, saying, "It’s a great start, but hair should have its OWN ballot!" If you agree with Gibson, you can "like" his "We Need an Oscar for Hair" campaign on Facebook. It is an election year, after all.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament