W put Joan Smalls and Karlie Kloss on their two July covers, hailing them both as "The New Face of Fashion." In the corresponding interview, Kloss discusses her height (6 foot, 1 inch in her bare feet): "I'm eight inches taller than the average person walking down the street. I'm somewhat in my own cloud," she explains. "Every time I see Karl Lagerfeld, he's always like, 'Karlie, have you stopped growing yet? Are you taller?'" While such proportions would turn most humans into gangly, stumbling giraffes, Kloss credits her formal ballet training for curbing any awkwardness. "You learn to control every aspect of your muscles, your face, your toes, your fingernails," she says. Fingernails! We chewed off a hangnail earlier this morning, but that's probably not what she means.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate