W put Joan Smalls and Karlie Kloss on their two July covers, hailing them both as "The New Face of Fashion." In the corresponding interview, Kloss discusses her height (6 foot, 1 inch in her bare feet): "I'm eight inches taller than the average person walking down the street. I'm somewhat in my own cloud," she explains. "Every time I see Karl Lagerfeld, he's always like, 'Karlie, have you stopped growing yet? Are you taller?'" While such proportions would turn most humans into gangly, stumbling giraffes, Kloss credits her formal ballet training for curbing any awkwardness. "You learn to control every aspect of your muscles, your face, your toes, your fingernails," she says. Fingernails! We chewed off a hangnail earlier this morning, but that's probably not what she means.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?