Anne Hathaway wasn't the only freshly shorn celebrity at the carnival-themed Stella McCartney resort presentation last night: Lauren Hutton was also there with her new short hair, which she apparently cut herself. "I was closing up a house, and it felt like I needed more closure," she explained. "I guess I was depressed. I'd been doing that thing where I read the Economist too much. You know, reading it front to back for weeks on end isn't always good for you." But she took a positive approach to her ennui: "Instead of suicide, I ran into the kitchen and grabbed a pair of poultry shears. I grabbed one half and went whack, and then I grabbed the other side and went whack again! Then, two weeks later, I was here in New York and had my guy clean it up." Has she ever done that before? "This is the first time in my life that I cut my hair. When I went back to modeling when I was 48, I did have short hair, but that was because the stove in my loft had blown up in my face. I lost my eyebrows, everything."
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament