Anne Hathaway wasn't the only freshly shorn celebrity at the carnival-themed Stella McCartney resort presentation last night: Lauren Hutton was also there with her new short hair, which she apparently cut herself. "I was closing up a house, and it felt like I needed more closure," she explained. "I guess I was depressed. I'd been doing that thing where I read the Economist too much. You know, reading it front to back for weeks on end isn't always good for you." But she took a positive approach to her ennui: "Instead of suicide, I ran into the kitchen and grabbed a pair of poultry shears. I grabbed one half and went whack, and then I grabbed the other side and went whack again! Then, two weeks later, I was here in New York and had my guy clean it up." Has she ever done that before? "This is the first time in my life that I cut my hair. When I went back to modeling when I was 48, I did have short hair, but that was because the stove in my loft had blown up in my face. I lost my eyebrows, everything."
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split