Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen made big news the other night when they won the CFDA Womenswear Designer of the Year award for their clothing line the Row. Equally big news: Mary-Kate showed up to the ceremony with dark hair! Yes, MK has gone and hit the bottle once more, this time opting for a sophisticated-yet-sultry shade of chocolate brown. In honor of her newly dyed look, we've compiled a slideshow of brunette ladies who fall far from the girl-next-door stereotype — women who are more likely to swig bourbon than sip Chardonnay. Maybe it comes with the territory, but among them there's a Brad Pitt–seducer (Angelina Jolie), a 90210 superbitch (Shannen Doherty), a born-again vampire (Kristen Stewart), and a shoplifter (Winona Ryder), who must also be noted as once having dated everyone's favorite bad-boy man-candy, Johnny Depp.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament