There's no question that Michelle Harper succeeded in being the most outlandishly dressed guest at last night's CFDA Awards, which she attended with designer Christian Cota. "I wanted to be edgier," he explained at the Swarovski After Party at the Top of the Standard, pointing to Harper's dress. Apparently that was less of a priority for her. "He wanted to be edgy and I kept screaming ‘More naked, more naked!’" she exclaimed. Did she feel naked enough in the finished result? "I would take off my underwear and be a little bit more naked, but that would be a no. Christian put down the law and I’m happy for it," she said. Is she um, comfortable? "Forget about comfort," she scoffed. "Comfort is sweatpants, and you don’t show up to the CFDA in sweatpants. Not in my book. And when I say 'more naked' there should be no shame in the human body. Christian is an artist and the entire dress is made to celebrate and embrace the female body!" And with that, off she went into the crowd.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve