Karl Lagerfeld decided back in February that Joan Smalls would star in his ads for Fendi, telling WWD, "I said to myself backstage during the show: It's her and her alone ... She had this incredible golden, glowing skin that made her look like some Etruscan beauty." He shot the ad in Chianti, 40 miles outside of Florence. Meanwhile, Kate Moss, Karmen Pedaru, and Sean O'Pry front Salvatore Ferragamo's fall campaign, photographed by Mikael Jansson in Berlin's Russian embassy. Plus, see Arizona Muse for Isabel Marant, Kati Nescher for Nina Ricci, and a host of models for Tommy Hilfiger, in our updated fall 2012 campaign slideshow.
Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Tell Me Everything You Know About Wool
- FDA Rejects Female Viagra
- Oprah Says Her Kids Would Probably Hate Her
- The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
- Best Bet: Rebecca Minkoff Coin Pouch
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- Rooney Mara, the Goth Ice Queen
- Male Gaze: Feast Your Eyes on Frank Sinatra
- Office Stress Is Contagious
- Kim Kardashian’s ‘Jubilant,’ Post-Baby Reveal