Since its heyday, Dynasty has become synonymous with eighties power-dressing. We'll take pretty much any excuse to celebrate the unapologetically flashy outfits that costume designer Nolan Miller was best known for, but in the wake of his death this week, we honor his work with a survey of Dynasty's most memorable looks. His garments were as brash and glamorous as the devious, powerful ladies who wore them both on and offscreen; he'll go down in history as a designer who could make women look fearless. Enjoy our roundup of shoulder pads, gold lamé, furs, leather, and other over-the-top costumes Miller created.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like