Setting foot outdoors today feels like walking straight into a sauna. While sweatiness is inevitable, looking pulled together during a heat wave requires creativity. Why not take inspiration from some of the most stylish street-style subjects, both Fashion Week attendees and regular folk alike? Dress up a sunny floral dress with a cinched belt and black platform sandals à la Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, or temper a sheer lace top with ankle boots and denim shorts. If layering feels too daunting, accessories like a stack of silver bangles or a sleek white clutch can elevate a simple T-shirt and pants. And never underestimate the value of sunglasses: a hot pink pair will keep a printed shirtdress from feeling too corporate when you're off-duty. Click through our slideshow to see how to get the look of some of our favorite summer-appropriate street-style photos from the past few months.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat