The Critics’ Choice Television Awards took place in Beverly Hills last night, coaxing some of TV's heavy hitters into pretty dresses and onto the red carpet. Because it's a fairly relaxed event — not even close to awards season and mostly an industry affair — attendees gussied themselves up, but not overly so. Stars like Christina Hendricks and Ginnifer Goodwin got to dominate the red carpet, which they attempted to do in some questionable black ensembles, while some lesser-known newcomers like Sarah Hyland and Ariel Winter looked appropriately pretty. Click through our red-carpet analysis of Lucy Liu, RuPaul, Allison Brie, and more in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament